Sunday, March 13, 2011

My sister's wedding (image heavy)

Yesterday was absolutely perfect. My sister's wedding was a total success, from the dress, to the hair and makeup, the ceremony and reception, the food, the photos, everything. She's so happy, and that's the best thing in the world. The morning started off slowly, and my sister and her best friend Ashley came over to my Mom's to wait for Nikki to arrive with her arsenal of MAC products. I hardly wear any makeup outside of my usual foundation, blush and mascara so it's always really fun to get totally done up for events- lashes, shadow, liner, we did it all. I love it and love wearing it for events like this, but I'm not much of an everyday makeup kinda girl. It was great though having Nikki "prettify" all of us and she did an amazing job. If you are in need of a freelance makeup artist in Arizona, let me know and I can get her your contact info. She's amazing. After makeup Lauren headed over to Cosmo's to get her hair done by our dear friend Rhonda, and that turned out beautifully as well. The rest of the day zoomed on by and before we knew it we were headed over to the wedding venue.

Lauren and Abe got married at The Antique Wedding House in Mesa, AZ. It was the perfect place for the size of their wedding (75 guests), and the people there were incredibly accommodating from the very beginning stages of planning, to throwing a fabulous party last night. Lauren and Abe definitely give it their stamp of approval for anyone looking for an adorable and affordable place to say "I do."

The ceremony was beautiful and there wasn't a dry eye in the audience as Abe and Lauren read their vows. When Hank and I got married we had close to 300 people, and I have to say that I kind of preferred the intimate group that they had in attendance last night. I loved being able to look around and see almost every single person I love. There were faraway friends and family, dear friends from childhood, and you could just feel the happiness that settled right there under those twinkling lights. So, at 5:30pm, Lauren and Abe became husband and wife, and just like that their new life began.

The rest of the evening went by far too quickly, as good times often do. The Best Man and I each toasted the bride and groom, and after eating a delicious dinner we all watched Lauren and Abe's first dance to "I Got You Babe" by Sonny and Cher. Afterward Lauren and my Dad danced to Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle" and Abe and his Mom danced to Lucero's "Mom." I cried through both songs for different reasons; my father made me tear up first, and then again when I imagined dancing with Henry one day at his wedding. Talk about emotional!

The whole night was perfect. Everyone was up and having a great time, and I didn't see my sister without a smile on her face the entire night. So much dancing, so many drinks, smiles and laughs, photos and old stories. At the end of the night when Abe and Lauren pulled away in their limo I felt such happiness knowing that my sister did indeed get her dream wedding.

Hank and I got to bed very late after playing designated driver for a certain set of parents that had a bit too much fun (hi Mom and Dad! haha!) and I felt hungover myself when we woke up. Can you get a hangover from straight fun? I think so. The rest of today was spent with our best family friends and our family, eating and hanging out at my parents. The Grants came by after their night at the Marriott, and we all saw them off on their honeymoon to St. Lucia!

I was running around like crazy so I didn't get many photos, but I'll share what I have then post the professional photos when my sister gets them developed! These are a mix of D-SLR, my small Canon, and iPhone pictures. Congratulations again Abe and Lauren!



1000002891

1000002864

1000002900

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
 
.

.

.
  
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

this morning:
.

.

.

.

.

.

.
 
.

.

.

.

.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment