Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sweets made sweeter...

 THE BEST VEGAN, RAW PIE EVER!

So, since being pregnant I've somehow developed quite the sweet tooth. It's always been there, lingering below the surface, coming out during Easter when my favorite candy reappears (Cadbury mini eggs), or during Christmas time when my Grandma's pies are in abundance. Typically I only was really drawn to this type of thing during special occasions.  I'd never been much of a sugar fanatic. But now, I find myself gravitating towards the dessert case at coffee shops, the candy store downtown, or the cookie aisle in the grocery store far too often for my liking. I enjoy being healthy, and I enjoy the occasional sweet, but as I caught myself eating a fifth Samoa the other day I realized enough was enough!  At that moment I swore off Girl Scout cookies (until next year anyway) and vowed to get this sugar loving demon inside of me exorcised (or exercised! get it?! haha). Desserts are delicious treats, but for me, I feel my best when they remain just that- treats- an every once and awhile kinda thing.  So, I wracked my brain and recipe bookmarks coming up with some healthy options that will satisfy my sweet tooth but won't sabotage my health/fitness goals.  You can click the name of the treat to see the recipe, and the first two are actually from this blog and some of my favorite things in the whole world. Over the next few weeks I'll be trying some of these recipes out, and sharing with all of you here. For now though, here are some GREAT options for anyone with a sweet tooth who'd like to stay more on the healthy side. And if you have a favorite healthy dessert recipe, I'd love to check it out too. Happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment