Friday, March 11, 2011

Wedding Eve

Tonight is the night before my sister's wedding...and it is still a little surreal that tomorrow I will be standing up, next to my sister, watching her marry Abe! Where has the time gone? Last night was the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner, and it was a lot of fun. Lauren's friends are the sweetest things in the whole world, and I've basically grown up with a couple of them. And like I've said before, it's still shocking that my baby sister is about to become a wife. Crazy. But before I go to sleep in preparation for a busy, busy day tomorrow I wanted to post a few photos! The night went by quickly- the rehearsal was at 5pm and then we went back to my parents' for a luau in their backyard. The food was beyond delicious and we all sat out back under the glow of the tiki lamps, girl-talking it up until it got too late. It was tons of fun, and a great start to such a happy, celebratory weekend. Today I woke up early, and Henry and I ran quickly to Nordstrom to try and find another bridesmaids dress for me. My sister allowed us to pick our own dresses as long as they were black, and silly me bought mine two months ago and hadn't tried it on since then. I put it on yesterday and it was way too big, but luckily I found a much better one right away. Afterward I headed over to the golf club where my family was enjoying drinks and lunch on the patio. All of our family and my parents' best friends are in town from NJ/NY so you can imagine how fun and silly everyone gets. I treated myself to a Shirley Temple (yum!), hung out for a bit, then left when they headed to the pool so Henry could take his nap. Everyone came back to my parents' for dinner, and we ended up spending the rest of the night in the backyard, talking and laughing until my cheeks hurt. So much fun. Now, time to get some sleep before the big day! Have a great day everyone- I'll be updating photos via instagram (danihampton) and twitter throughout the day, so feel free to follow along. xoxo!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 .

.

No comments:

Post a Comment