iTootyFrooty
Apr 22, 04:30 PM
I think the phone could be a tiny bit thinner but not this thin. The teardrop design is best left with just the Macbook air (iPhone Air?). I'd stay close the the current design and maybe mix it up with the first one a bit. Must say I'm loving the screen and home button though
TrollToddington
Apr 19, 03:27 PM
For me and many other potential MBA purchasers, a CPU bump from the media processing abilities of the Core i processors would be welcome, and GPU performance over and above the ability to play real-time HD video is useless. We shouldn't be saddled with an out-of-date processor or forced to subsidize "unnecessary" frame rate performance just to appease game-players. And that perspective is as valid as yours.
+1, besides, the 13" MBP + 128GB SSD provide far better value-for-money than any present 13" MBA.
The cheaper solution, the 11", tells another story but even then anything past the base model comes so close to the price of a 13" MBP+SSD that it's impractical to get a 11" from a performance point of view, especially when it's equipped with the slow 1.4 C2D. The 1.4 i5 will provide far better performance (certainly far more than 40% of speed boost). We will still be able to watch FullHD movies despite the less capable IGP. Games. Don't tell me you want to play WoW on a 11" monitor.
Also nobody said the processor upgrade is useless or "unwelcome". FX4568 said "We have enough to accomplish our tasks, and any more would be an overkill in the things we need our computer to process.". Overkill means the increased processor speed will not be of any use, or, in other words, useless.
+1, besides, the 13" MBP + 128GB SSD provide far better value-for-money than any present 13" MBA.
The cheaper solution, the 11", tells another story but even then anything past the base model comes so close to the price of a 13" MBP+SSD that it's impractical to get a 11" from a performance point of view, especially when it's equipped with the slow 1.4 C2D. The 1.4 i5 will provide far better performance (certainly far more than 40% of speed boost). We will still be able to watch FullHD movies despite the less capable IGP. Games. Don't tell me you want to play WoW on a 11" monitor.
Also nobody said the processor upgrade is useless or "unwelcome". FX4568 said "We have enough to accomplish our tasks, and any more would be an overkill in the things we need our computer to process.". Overkill means the increased processor speed will not be of any use, or, in other words, useless.
spencers
Jan 28, 12:17 PM
To add to my post-workout recovery drink:
creatinepower.jpg
Drink lots and lots of water
creatinepower.jpg
Drink lots and lots of water
KingCrimson
Apr 23, 01:05 PM
another unhappy marriage, can't we all just play nice.
Since when do global mega-corporations every play nice. Dude, it's us against them. Maybe you just found that out.
Since when do global mega-corporations every play nice. Dude, it's us against them. Maybe you just found that out.
carmenodie
Apr 29, 04:35 PM
How stupid can Jeff Bozo be?!
By undercutting the already cheap ala cart business model the record labels and the artist and writers etc are going to fell the pain right down to their pockets.
By undercutting the already cheap ala cart business model the record labels and the artist and writers etc are going to fell the pain right down to their pockets.

IscariotJ
Nov 4, 04:35 PM
Guess I wasn't alone when I thought Parallels is slow.
Hmmm, and I thought it was down to me running it on a MacBook ( 2Ghz,2GB ). For the money I paid for it, it's a useful ( but not great ) product. However, I've found the support to be abysmal, and that's as important to me, as how it runs.
I've only had a quick scan of this thread, but does anyone with a C2D based machine have it running? Any problems? ( thinking of Parallels C2D debacle, here ).
Hmmm, and I thought it was down to me running it on a MacBook ( 2Ghz,2GB ). For the money I paid for it, it's a useful ( but not great ) product. However, I've found the support to be abysmal, and that's as important to me, as how it runs.
I've only had a quick scan of this thread, but does anyone with a C2D based machine have it running? Any problems? ( thinking of Parallels C2D debacle, here ).
gnasher729
Apr 22, 04:14 AM
Even more entertaining is the fact that Apple is so arrogant they fail to realize how stupid they look.
Suing their biggest vendor.
It doesn't get any more stupid than that.
Samsung is so arrogant, they fail to realize how stupid they look.
Ripping off their biggest customer. Then suing their biggest customer.
It doesn't get any more stupid than that.
What is apple complaining about
I think this is a lawsuit its best for everyone to avoid.
Another repost of this picture that was long since debunked. The picture claims that the Samsung F700 was showed first on Cebit 2006. If you google for "Samsung Cebit 2006" and then for "Samsung Cebit 2007", the first finds lots of photos of Samsung phones that look completely different than any iPhone, the second finds a tech website that dug out a link to their own reporting from Cebit 2007 where the F700 was shown as a reply to the iPhone and the LG phone.
Suing their biggest vendor.
It doesn't get any more stupid than that.
Samsung is so arrogant, they fail to realize how stupid they look.
Ripping off their biggest customer. Then suing their biggest customer.
It doesn't get any more stupid than that.
What is apple complaining about
I think this is a lawsuit its best for everyone to avoid.
Another repost of this picture that was long since debunked. The picture claims that the Samsung F700 was showed first on Cebit 2006. If you google for "Samsung Cebit 2006" and then for "Samsung Cebit 2007", the first finds lots of photos of Samsung phones that look completely different than any iPhone, the second finds a tech website that dug out a link to their own reporting from Cebit 2007 where the F700 was shown as a reply to the iPhone and the LG phone.
.Andy
May 2, 03:48 AM
Since when was burial at sea a Muslim tradition? :confused:
A decade to find him and all in a matter of hours had killed him, run DNA tests to confirm his identity, and jettisoned his body into the ocean. A 180 degrees in work ethic.....
A decade to find him and all in a matter of hours had killed him, run DNA tests to confirm his identity, and jettisoned his body into the ocean. A 180 degrees in work ethic.....
NT1440
May 1, 10:08 PM
So the figure head who has had little to nothing to do with Al-Queada (a leaderless brand name of extremists at this point) since 9/11 is dead. Woo hoo. Meanwhile, terrorism in the world has only increased since the "war on terror" (something that was predicted and well known by US planners when gearing up for it).
Time to start the USA chants. :rolleyes:
Time to start the USA chants. :rolleyes:
RawBert
Dec 29, 05:40 PM
When one starts approaching the weight of worlds fattest person they can no longer get to the toilet. So I feel sorry for the person with bed pan duty:eek::eek::eek:.
Oh God! *dry heave* You're right.
I'm sure fried chicken drumsticks sometimes get wedged in between her rolls for months at a time. Perhaps even whole chickens.
Oh God! *dry heave* You're right.
I'm sure fried chicken drumsticks sometimes get wedged in between her rolls for months at a time. Perhaps even whole chickens.

donlphi
Jul 27, 03:39 AM
I think Apple Marketing thinks they're slick with their blatant patent advertising/marketing to create buzz on potential new products. I think its fairly lame.
How is getting people in Blogs to react to something "LAME"?
I love the fact that Apple gets the world excited about new products that are coming in the future (or not coming). I love the idea of being kept in the dark until the release date. I love checking back on this site and other sites to see what the predictions are. I even love it when there is a slight let down because what I thought was coming, didn't make it.
APPLE doesn't have much in a choice about keeping patents secret. We (the over-curious consumers) are the ones making all the hype for them.
I don't see Steve Jobs thinking, "YES... now all we need to do is up our advertising by coming out with a new PATENT!!!"
That is rediculous. Sure, he knows there are losers out there that have nothing better to do than sit in their home and research stuff like that so they can be the first ones to post it in their blog, but I doubt they sit around and think about how this helps advertising.
If nothing else, I would think they do not want these patents to be talked about because they want consumers to purchase the products that are out now, not WAIT AROUND for the better product to come out. LOOK at powermac sales as they switched to intel. The average consumer doesn't look at this sight, they just go to BEST BUY and see what item cost the least amount of money.
I think after this CREATIVE lawsuit and countersuit mess, they are just making sure they have everything covered if they are going to stay on top.
"BLATANT PATENT ADVERTISING" - it's like saying a woman that is 9 months pregnant is BLATANTLY ADVERTISING she is about to have a baby.
Anybody that is paying attention is going to notice!
Other than that... I agree with everything you said.
How is getting people in Blogs to react to something "LAME"?
I love the fact that Apple gets the world excited about new products that are coming in the future (or not coming). I love the idea of being kept in the dark until the release date. I love checking back on this site and other sites to see what the predictions are. I even love it when there is a slight let down because what I thought was coming, didn't make it.
APPLE doesn't have much in a choice about keeping patents secret. We (the over-curious consumers) are the ones making all the hype for them.
I don't see Steve Jobs thinking, "YES... now all we need to do is up our advertising by coming out with a new PATENT!!!"
That is rediculous. Sure, he knows there are losers out there that have nothing better to do than sit in their home and research stuff like that so they can be the first ones to post it in their blog, but I doubt they sit around and think about how this helps advertising.
If nothing else, I would think they do not want these patents to be talked about because they want consumers to purchase the products that are out now, not WAIT AROUND for the better product to come out. LOOK at powermac sales as they switched to intel. The average consumer doesn't look at this sight, they just go to BEST BUY and see what item cost the least amount of money.
I think after this CREATIVE lawsuit and countersuit mess, they are just making sure they have everything covered if they are going to stay on top.
"BLATANT PATENT ADVERTISING" - it's like saying a woman that is 9 months pregnant is BLATANTLY ADVERTISING she is about to have a baby.
Anybody that is paying attention is going to notice!
Other than that... I agree with everything you said.
pdc123
Apr 14, 09:42 AM
Why on earth would this happen? Why would they edit it to include the ix.Mac.MarketingName? I don't understand. Is there any logical explanation? I don't think it is a typo because I don't think Apple is stupid enough to edit it just in order to put a typo in. Weird.
Software has bugs, Apple is no exception. It's most likely a key that should resolve to a value (e.g. maybe the marketing description "iPhone" really comes from a key-value pair labeled "ix.MobileDevice.MarketingName") and due to a bug it's showing the key instead of the value.
Speculating on what the product is makes sense, it's more likely than not that it refers to something. But speculation like "Why on earth would this happen?" "I don't think Apple is stupid enough to" is just headless-chickenry... bugs are bugs, don't read into them.
Software has bugs, Apple is no exception. It's most likely a key that should resolve to a value (e.g. maybe the marketing description "iPhone" really comes from a key-value pair labeled "ix.MobileDevice.MarketingName") and due to a bug it's showing the key instead of the value.
Speculating on what the product is makes sense, it's more likely than not that it refers to something. But speculation like "Why on earth would this happen?" "I don't think Apple is stupid enough to" is just headless-chickenry... bugs are bugs, don't read into them.
b_scott
Apr 15, 10:26 AM
I have a 3GS. saw the update, downloaded and tried to extract/install. I just get "your device is not eligible for this build" and it quits. :confused:
JesterJJZ
Jul 24, 11:13 PM
Ehhh... A headphone jack would be nice. I don't want to have to buy new headphones just for my iPod...:mad:

Apple OC
Apr 24, 12:22 AM
was that a future episode of Jersey Shore ... I swear I saw that Snooki Trash chirping in?:cool:
I hardly consider that ... "nearly killing a customer"
I hardly consider that ... "nearly killing a customer"
samcolak
Apr 22, 11:49 AM
I didn't read any Wikis. None of my links are to wikis. And again, you're wrong. GPL is a license. GNU is a project. The Foundation behind this project is the FSF, the Free Software Foundation.
The guy you quoted was me. You didn't correct me at all, you posted a ton of wrong information.
And licensing terminology ? I didn't even get it wrong. I said Bash was part of the GNU project, you said "No, Bash isn't GNU, it's GPL", which is both very wrong and quite misunderstands the terminology used by the FSF.
Look, you were wrong, drop it, you're only digging yourself deeper into your hole here.
Go look at Apple source repository for OSX 10.6 -> http://www.opensource.apple.com/release/mac-os-x-106/ - states GPL LICENSE -> i said License -> GNU evolved into a foundation -> started off as a project.
Enjoy your day & easter ;)
The guy you quoted was me. You didn't correct me at all, you posted a ton of wrong information.
And licensing terminology ? I didn't even get it wrong. I said Bash was part of the GNU project, you said "No, Bash isn't GNU, it's GPL", which is both very wrong and quite misunderstands the terminology used by the FSF.
Look, you were wrong, drop it, you're only digging yourself deeper into your hole here.
Go look at Apple source repository for OSX 10.6 -> http://www.opensource.apple.com/release/mac-os-x-106/ - states GPL LICENSE -> i said License -> GNU evolved into a foundation -> started off as a project.
Enjoy your day & easter ;)
fisty
Nov 3, 09:07 PM
Elegant post but sheesh!
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/
Yeah it already is.
indeed it has :D
just created iso image from the xp sp2 cd i have lieing around.. never seen xp installing so fast lol
tho still a bit bumpy as its a private beta...no **** its bumpy lol
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/
Yeah it already is.
indeed it has :D
just created iso image from the xp sp2 cd i have lieing around.. never seen xp installing so fast lol
tho still a bit bumpy as its a private beta...no **** its bumpy lol
MacRumors
Apr 22, 04:11 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/22/iphone-5-details-3-7-inch-screen-home-button-with-gesture-area/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/22/171122-iPhone5_mockup.jpeg

World cup cricket 2011 groups
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/22/171122-iPhone5_mockup.jpeg

NickZac
Dec 31, 08:24 AM
I'm sorry, if you struggle to lose weight, you're not doing it right. Losing weight is dead easy. Keeping it off is dead easy too. Have your doctor check for any health problems which might prevent you from losing weight or recheck your food intake vs energy expenditure.
Losing weight is a very simple formula : Calories in < Calories out. Change the symbol around and you gain weight. Make it = and you keep your weight.
A lot of people don't understand this very simple mecanic which is the very basis of weight control. When you have this part down to a science, you can adjust the food intake to provide fibers/vitamins/proteins that you need.
In a physical sense, weight loss is simple. Burn more calories than you consume. Keeping it off means burning the same amount of calories you consume. Eating certain foods (ex broccoli, tea, DARK chocolate) have beneficial effects and are proven to increase the metabolism. Yes, the mechanics behind it are easy.
Now, the psychological aspects of weight control are anything but simple. Food is addicting, especially extremely processed foods (ex: McDonalds cheeseburgers). Many people eat because they are overweight, and they are also overweight because they eat. Many people have not been taught good nutrition and there are places in which eating well is virtually impossible. A study conducted by a government public health organization that I worked for has found that obese children and adolescents have a lower quality of life rating that children in the same age bracket with terminal cancer.
Eating food often is an addictive tendency. Yes, to a degree it is individual choice, but it does cause results which hurts all of society as you noted. With that said, you have to see obesity as a problem with multiple causes and that there is almost always an underlying cause (ex: people eat more when they are depressed). The lady in this particular article however defies all logic as larger people do not want to be obese.
Most importantly, obesity will grow in both prevalence and level of negative effects until a holistic system of living healthy becomes standardized, which thus far, has not occurred to the level needed to start to lower obesity rates. Obesity is both a physical and psychological condition, and I would argue it is also a disease.
Losing weight is a very simple formula : Calories in < Calories out. Change the symbol around and you gain weight. Make it = and you keep your weight.
A lot of people don't understand this very simple mecanic which is the very basis of weight control. When you have this part down to a science, you can adjust the food intake to provide fibers/vitamins/proteins that you need.
In a physical sense, weight loss is simple. Burn more calories than you consume. Keeping it off means burning the same amount of calories you consume. Eating certain foods (ex broccoli, tea, DARK chocolate) have beneficial effects and are proven to increase the metabolism. Yes, the mechanics behind it are easy.
Now, the psychological aspects of weight control are anything but simple. Food is addicting, especially extremely processed foods (ex: McDonalds cheeseburgers). Many people eat because they are overweight, and they are also overweight because they eat. Many people have not been taught good nutrition and there are places in which eating well is virtually impossible. A study conducted by a government public health organization that I worked for has found that obese children and adolescents have a lower quality of life rating that children in the same age bracket with terminal cancer.
Eating food often is an addictive tendency. Yes, to a degree it is individual choice, but it does cause results which hurts all of society as you noted. With that said, you have to see obesity as a problem with multiple causes and that there is almost always an underlying cause (ex: people eat more when they are depressed). The lady in this particular article however defies all logic as larger people do not want to be obese.
Most importantly, obesity will grow in both prevalence and level of negative effects until a holistic system of living healthy becomes standardized, which thus far, has not occurred to the level needed to start to lower obesity rates. Obesity is both a physical and psychological condition, and I would argue it is also a disease.
DTphonehome
Jul 21, 02:05 PM
I'll get excited when/if Apple's Market share reaches 10%. Other than that, it's not such a big deal, IMO. :o
You can't get to 10% from 4% without passing through 4.8%
You can't get to 10% from 4% without passing through 4.8%
m3digi
Apr 18, 12:17 AM
I'm a little confused. People want to play games on this?
Would not be my first choice for gaming (not that I play games, but I did do flight sims once)
Is there anything else I should be concerned about? Maybe external monitor resolution? Movies?....I don't think so.
Big problem for intensive video stuff perhaps? but then again; an Air?
:confused:
Some of the things I've seen people propose for the MacBook Air are completely ridiculous. There are Pro offerings currently available that meet these requirements. Yet, somehow people have this idea that the MBA should have Pro capabilities, a multitude of connectivity options, and ultra efficiency in an ultraportable form factor.
Doesn't that seem to defeat the point of the system being named MacBook 'Air'?
Would not be my first choice for gaming (not that I play games, but I did do flight sims once)
Is there anything else I should be concerned about? Maybe external monitor resolution? Movies?....I don't think so.
Big problem for intensive video stuff perhaps? but then again; an Air?
:confused:
Some of the things I've seen people propose for the MacBook Air are completely ridiculous. There are Pro offerings currently available that meet these requirements. Yet, somehow people have this idea that the MBA should have Pro capabilities, a multitude of connectivity options, and ultra efficiency in an ultraportable form factor.
Doesn't that seem to defeat the point of the system being named MacBook 'Air'?
BrianKonarsMac
Jun 6, 03:19 PM
15 minutes?
45 Seconds is all it took to get the facts...
Google search: "android market return policy"
First result: http://www.google.com/mobile/android/market-policies.html
For those too lazy to click...
"Returns: You have 24 hours from the time of purchase (not download) to return any applications purchased from Android Market for a full refund of any applicable fees."
Summary: 24 Hours, not 15 minutes.
Yep, I've bought a few apps that weren't worth the money and returned them for a refund. It's a nice system, because you can then see if the app is actually worth the purchase to you.
45 Seconds is all it took to get the facts...
Google search: "android market return policy"
First result: http://www.google.com/mobile/android/market-policies.html
For those too lazy to click...
"Returns: You have 24 hours from the time of purchase (not download) to return any applications purchased from Android Market for a full refund of any applicable fees."
Summary: 24 Hours, not 15 minutes.
Yep, I've bought a few apps that weren't worth the money and returned them for a refund. It's a nice system, because you can then see if the app is actually worth the purchase to you.
noservice2001
Jul 24, 05:56 PM
gee wiz apple... 1 whole year? frick, and i just bought the logitech wireless desktop...
cslewis
Jul 24, 09:35 PM
How about a proto-telepathic interface? :cool:
No comments:
Post a Comment