Al Coholic
Apr 28, 10:37 PM
Steve takes a leave an all hell breaks loose in the "thin" department.
Legion93
May 1, 10:28 PM
What's going to happen with Pakistan relations? If he was in the capitol of Pakistan in a mansion, most likely the government knew.
He was captured in the region/border of Pakistan and Afghanistan. No, the army and government is not contributing to any Taliban or insurgency attacks, just like the afghan army. They are supported by allied forces.
He was captured in the region/border of Pakistan and Afghanistan. No, the army and government is not contributing to any Taliban or insurgency attacks, just like the afghan army. They are supported by allied forces.
CFreymarc
Apr 6, 03:45 AM
I think people who say that no new iphone 5 is going to be announced are people who just got a Verizon iPhone and are on contract and so they hope that no new iPhone comes out.
Or we can objectively look at Apple's past product release history and elaborate from that.
Or we can objectively look at Apple's past product release history and elaborate from that.
mygoldens
Mar 31, 10:35 AM
WOW! It looks like wIndows 3.1! :eek:
0815
Apr 26, 01:25 PM
i'm following the thread....the guy pays for 2TB drives to store his music on. music that he probably never paid for considering he has 2TB worth. your point?
A little harsh here - you don't know if he payed for the music or not and it might also contain movies and other stuff. I know many people that collect lots of music CD's and movie DVDs over the many moons they are on the planet and ripping that in high quality needs lots of storage. Many people try to rip at highest quality possible and that is expensive storage wise. Just don't assume it's is stolen - might be, but you and I don't know.
Why do people get so angry about the hypothetical details of a rumoured service?
Because many people get angry about just anything that Apple does ... so I'm not sure why they go to a MacRumor site which is apple biased - but that might be just a way for them to vent off their frustration with life.
A little harsh here - you don't know if he payed for the music or not and it might also contain movies and other stuff. I know many people that collect lots of music CD's and movie DVDs over the many moons they are on the planet and ripping that in high quality needs lots of storage. Many people try to rip at highest quality possible and that is expensive storage wise. Just don't assume it's is stolen - might be, but you and I don't know.
Why do people get so angry about the hypothetical details of a rumoured service?
Because many people get angry about just anything that Apple does ... so I'm not sure why they go to a MacRumor site which is apple biased - but that might be just a way for them to vent off their frustration with life.
dba7dba
Apr 13, 02:35 PM
This. I can see manufacturers adopting Airplay or eventually adopting something more sophisticated like actual software from apple to mimic that of the Apple TV
you mean something like Samsung apps?
http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2011/01/17/samsung-tv-apps-surpass-2-million-downloads/
you mean something like Samsung apps?
http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2011/01/17/samsung-tv-apps-surpass-2-million-downloads/
MorphingDragon
Apr 23, 08:54 AM
I consider lack of hardware recalls unethical. They always try to hoard as much money as they can.
snip
I don't think those are really ethical issues. More like a corporate form of...
http://leftwingconspiracy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/motivator5743116.jpg
It's something also not exclusive to Apple.
snip
I don't think those are really ethical issues. More like a corporate form of...
http://leftwingconspiracy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/motivator5743116.jpg
It's something also not exclusive to Apple.
amanset
Aug 15, 05:01 PM
It must just be where I live but...everyone I know uses AIM, ichat, or adium (my weapon of choice) I dont have a single friend that uses yahoo or msn
It does vary quite a lot by where you live. Living in Sweden (and coming from the UK) just about everyone I know uses MSN.
It does vary quite a lot by where you live. Living in Sweden (and coming from the UK) just about everyone I know uses MSN.
CANEHDN
Jul 11, 03:14 PM
Apple knows what their doing. They will wait as long as they can on the 5G. Then before competition arises they will release a new one to stay on top. I wouldn't doubt that they announce a new iPod during the WWDC(a month away, eeekkk!). Jobs talked a little bit about the iPod the last few years, at the WWDC.
Then again, Microsoft lost money on every Xbox sold just to get their foot in the door. It's possible they will do the same thing on the "iPod Killer". Time will tell.
Then again, Microsoft lost money on every Xbox sold just to get their foot in the door. It's possible they will do the same thing on the "iPod Killer". Time will tell.
firestarter
Apr 24, 07:49 PM
Christians are expected to protect their children, and I have never claimed to be a Christian.
I was just trying to draw out what it is at the root of your violent nature.
I was just trying to draw out what it is at the root of your violent nature.

marksman
Apr 22, 04:51 PM
you people floor me.... I bet if I could take an iPhone back to 2005 and show you people, you'd all scream "WTF! What a piece of ****! Anything different hurts my eyes! I want my Razor back!!!!1111!!!11" :rolleyes:
What is funny is remembering the outcry on the early leaked pictures on the iPhone 4 and how ugly it was... Yet it is the best looking phone in the world now.
What is funny is remembering the outcry on the early leaked pictures on the iPhone 4 and how ugly it was... Yet it is the best looking phone in the world now.
techpr
Apr 14, 12:39 PM
Are people firing up their lawyers because Apple does not update their iPhone 3G that came with iOS 3 when they bought it in june 2010 ? Doesn't the licence flyer in the box say Apple will supply the current iOS version +1 ?
From Wikipedia: On July 11, Apple released the iPhone 3G..... Time for an upgrade?
From Wikipedia: On July 11, Apple released the iPhone 3G..... Time for an upgrade?

IJ Reilly
Jul 12, 10:59 PM
... anyway, this can be accomplished in Pages, but it requires a bit of creativity. Start with a custom page size (5.5 x 8.5 presumably). Lay out your booklet on these pages. Then, when printing the pdf, output 2-up. Reordering the pages into the correct order for printing is a bit of trick, but once you know the order, the pages can be dragged where they belong in the thumbnail viewer. This is really a job for a good page layout application, not a word processor of any kind. I sure wouldn't trust it to a Word Wizard.
Also, anyone who'd send a Word document to a printer with the expectation of good results is not anyone who I'd mistake for knowing the first thing about graphic arts or printing.
Also, anyone who'd send a Word document to a printer with the expectation of good results is not anyone who I'd mistake for knowing the first thing about graphic arts or printing.
stunna
Jul 25, 04:35 PM
"Readers should realize that while Apple continues to publish patents on technologies that never make it into shipping products, the concepts described in this patent were referenced by Hon Hai chairman Terry Gou in June 2006:"
What other patents does apple have in which they didn't make the product?
What other patents does apple have in which they didn't make the product?
killerrobot
Jun 6, 01:31 AM
How long after you make a purchase does the App Store remember your password so you don't have to enter it again? I presume that's what happened in this case.
I know there's a "don't prompt me next time" box that pops up in the itunes settings on OS X.
On my iPhone it seems I always have to enter my password for every download - there has to be a setting for that somewhere.
I know there's a "don't prompt me next time" box that pops up in the itunes settings on OS X.
On my iPhone it seems I always have to enter my password for every download - there has to be a setting for that somewhere.
MacNut
Feb 25, 11:27 AM
As it is looking, looks like the show might be done period. Which just sucks. One of my favorite shows too! :mad:They show will be on as long as the ratings are up. Maybe Sheen gets killed off when he crashes his car next season and then their long lost brother enters.
marksman
Apr 28, 12:14 PM
.....About the the mentality of the people who buy a two year old phone just so they can say they have an iPhone.
Actually it is because a 2 year old iPhone is better than any Android device out there.
We all know the iPhone 4 is streets ahead of any other smartphone, but the 3GS provides a superior experience as well. It is not about spec sheets, it is about performance, software, reliability and the rest.
I agree with others that it is very telling that the 3GS outsells every single android iPhone on the market. That tells me people just buy random Androids when they go to buy a phone because they are cheaper or on deal, or if they don't have a choice to get an iPhone.
It is not like the general consumer is going "Wow this HTC magicamalcallit is so awesome. I tell all my friends to get it." or "This Samsung Soslightynotasbad is really an awesome phone and people are eating them up."
They might as well not even put labels on android phones. They are essentially a commodity compromised of a big pile of iPhone copycats with an inferior ecosystem. It almost seems like Cell Phone stores require people buying android devices to do so blindfolded.
Actually it is because a 2 year old iPhone is better than any Android device out there.
We all know the iPhone 4 is streets ahead of any other smartphone, but the 3GS provides a superior experience as well. It is not about spec sheets, it is about performance, software, reliability and the rest.
I agree with others that it is very telling that the 3GS outsells every single android iPhone on the market. That tells me people just buy random Androids when they go to buy a phone because they are cheaper or on deal, or if they don't have a choice to get an iPhone.
It is not like the general consumer is going "Wow this HTC magicamalcallit is so awesome. I tell all my friends to get it." or "This Samsung Soslightynotasbad is really an awesome phone and people are eating them up."
They might as well not even put labels on android phones. They are essentially a commodity compromised of a big pile of iPhone copycats with an inferior ecosystem. It almost seems like Cell Phone stores require people buying android devices to do so blindfolded.
lordonuthin
Nov 30, 06:13 PM
i recently got a ps3 slim, does ps3 folding rely on ps3 linux?
I think it does, but check the FAQ page (http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-PS3).
Shoulda' read the next post first, duh.
I think it does, but check the FAQ page (http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-PS3).
Shoulda' read the next post first, duh.
lOUDsCREAMEr
Jul 24, 03:49 PM
As a matter of fact, a cheap wired optical mouse is AS LOW AS 2 USD..
twoodcc
Sep 19, 10:16 AM
A good guess is 41 min per frame, 18k PPD, about the same as the old 2007 3Ghz...
http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=11314&start=0
has all sort of speed tests.
see that's not all that impressive to me. you would think 8 real cores, or 16 cores with HT, would beat 4 real cores or 8 with HT. i mean i could buy 3 machines like my i7 for the same price as an octo mac pro 2.26. i'd rather have the mac pro, but i just can't justify it right now. maybe when the i9 comes out
18k PPD is pretty impressive. . . . if you run it in windows you could use the vid card too, probably pull close to 25k. I would love to see Pande Group put out a GPU client for mac OS X.... I'm getting sick of running windows 90% of the time on my Mac Pro.
yeah but you can't run the bigadv units in windows, and i can't get them to run in a VM either.
With these new big units no more need for GPU...
What would be nice is to run OS X and the big units, the GPU with WINE with a couple of fast Nvidia cards...
We just need one of the smart guys here to do a step by step for us...
yeah we do. i'm not one of those smart guys, and i'm too lazy to try and look up how to get GPU working in linux. i know you can do it though
http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=11314&start=0
has all sort of speed tests.
see that's not all that impressive to me. you would think 8 real cores, or 16 cores with HT, would beat 4 real cores or 8 with HT. i mean i could buy 3 machines like my i7 for the same price as an octo mac pro 2.26. i'd rather have the mac pro, but i just can't justify it right now. maybe when the i9 comes out
18k PPD is pretty impressive. . . . if you run it in windows you could use the vid card too, probably pull close to 25k. I would love to see Pande Group put out a GPU client for mac OS X.... I'm getting sick of running windows 90% of the time on my Mac Pro.
yeah but you can't run the bigadv units in windows, and i can't get them to run in a VM either.
With these new big units no more need for GPU...
What would be nice is to run OS X and the big units, the GPU with WINE with a couple of fast Nvidia cards...
We just need one of the smart guys here to do a step by step for us...
yeah we do. i'm not one of those smart guys, and i'm too lazy to try and look up how to get GPU working in linux. i know you can do it though
Brien
Mar 11, 07:40 PM
Brea Mall is out of all 16 wifi models as of 10 mins ago.
samcolak
Apr 22, 12:05 PM
Stop it please, you're hurting me... OpenStep is a specification of which GNUStep is a GPL licensed implementation released by the GNU project. Foundation and Cocoa are the NeXTSTEP acquired implementations that Apple is using.
OpenSTEP is not licensed under a GNU project license at all...
POSIX is not a kernel. It's a standard programming interface that UNIX systems used to make sure that one program written for a UNIX system would compile another as long as the standard was followed.
Minix, while being a POSIX compliant OS, was a complete implementation done by Andrew Tannenbaum for a book he was writing.
Your grasp of all of this history is quite muddied. Seriously, who are you trying to convince here ? You've gotten about every fact wrong about this whole thing. The plain fact remains, I was right all along, your correction was quite wrong when you said :
You completely misunderstood my post when I said Bash was part of the GNU project. Bash has always been GNU, always will be. The GPL is very much "GNU licensing".
Enjoy easter yourself and use the days off to work on your grasp of the whole UNIX and open source histories.
From GNU.org (http://www.gnu.org/) :
Again, the Foundation is called the FSF, from their site, FSF.org (http://www.fsf.org/) :
Stop getting it wrong, we're on the Internet, the sites are there to correct you.
Lastly - yes you are correct re POSIX - my bad.
OpenSTEP is not licensed under a GNU project license at all...
POSIX is not a kernel. It's a standard programming interface that UNIX systems used to make sure that one program written for a UNIX system would compile another as long as the standard was followed.
Minix, while being a POSIX compliant OS, was a complete implementation done by Andrew Tannenbaum for a book he was writing.
Your grasp of all of this history is quite muddied. Seriously, who are you trying to convince here ? You've gotten about every fact wrong about this whole thing. The plain fact remains, I was right all along, your correction was quite wrong when you said :
You completely misunderstood my post when I said Bash was part of the GNU project. Bash has always been GNU, always will be. The GPL is very much "GNU licensing".
Enjoy easter yourself and use the days off to work on your grasp of the whole UNIX and open source histories.
From GNU.org (http://www.gnu.org/) :
Again, the Foundation is called the FSF, from their site, FSF.org (http://www.fsf.org/) :
Stop getting it wrong, we're on the Internet, the sites are there to correct you.
Lastly - yes you are correct re POSIX - my bad.
TuffLuffJimmy
Apr 24, 01:45 PM
The very least the staff should have done is to have protected the victim as best they could, and stayed with the victim during the seizure. It looks real enough to me, and I've seen plenty.
The sad thing is they are basically trained to not get involved. It's a sad world we live in. If I were that girl I would sue McDonald's for such an inhuman policy, someone should as these sort of policies are just sick.
The sad thing is they are basically trained to not get involved. It's a sad world we live in. If I were that girl I would sue McDonald's for such an inhuman policy, someone should as these sort of policies are just sick.
iDemiurge
May 3, 07:48 AM
They're probably facing some shortage of SSD drives. If you want a BTO with SSD it says 2-3 weeks for the 21" and 4-6 weeks for the 27". Crazy
No comments:
Post a Comment